Rice is a staple food and is one of the most widely consumed food crop of the world. The food crop provides nourishment to over half of the world’s population. In fact this staple food provides more than one fifth of the calories consumed worldwide by humans. India is the second largest producer of rice in the world after China; it produces about 90 million tons of rice in the world. Rice in India is cultivated during the both winter and summer, and there are more than 4000 varieties of rice being grown every year.
Some state of India produces rice in high quantity and some in low, thus one can find numerous rice companies in India. Out of the 10,000 varieties of rice found all over in the world, only 4000 varieties of rice is found in India, and thus these many varieties are sold by these rice companies . These rice companies in India sell and export rice not only to their customers in India but also export the same to various other countries including Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, USA, Australia etc. They provide their customers with finest agro products that have good nutritional values. They supply rice grains to their customers in the air tight & eco-friendly packets which help to retain their nutritional composition for a longer period. They supply long grain rice at industry leading prices to their customers.
About the Rice Grain
The rice grain is defined as cereal grain which belongs to the grass family of ‘Poaceae’. Rice belongs to two species of Poaceae crop, namely, ‘Oryza.’ The rice plant generally grows upto a height of 2-6 feet, with an upright stem and long, pointed and flat leaves. Rice grains are produced from the stock bearing flowers which the plant has. The rice plants need both warmth and moisture for its proper growth. Rice is typically grown as an annual plant, although in some tropical regions, it is also grown as a perennial plant. It is considered to be one of the few crops that is non-glutenous and non-allergic.
Basmati Rice in India
As mentioned above, it is the second largest producer of rice in the world. The rich soil of India is known for producing some of the finest varieties of rice. Basmati rice produced in India is globally renowned for its unique fragrance and delicate flavor, this rice variety is highly demanded in the worldwide market.
Basmati is long grained rice that is extremely popular in India. This long grained Basmati rice is pleasantly perfumed with a flavorful fragrance. This rice variety is very thin and long, has nutty flavor, and smells sweet. Authentic Basmati rice is sourced from northern India at the foothills of the Himalayas. Basmati rice in India is known for its exquisite aroma, special flavor and extra-long grain. Basmati is non-glutinous and has a fine, smooth and silky texture. It is free from chemicals, hygienically processed, superior grade, easy cooking, high nutritional value and soft texture.
The Long grain basmati rice grown in India is well acclaimed for its fragrance and delicate flavor that imparts a distinct flavor to the dishes. It is primarily grown in the Punjab region and is exported to many world markets.
Basmati Rice exporters in India export this rice to various exporters and offer this long grain aromatic rice at competitive prices to their customers. Basmati rice is utilized as a part of making fascinating dishes. Exporters send out this rice in India as well as fare in 150 nations.
Nutrients Present in Different Varieties of Rice
Rice is very nutritious food and contains loads of nutrients to give energy and validity to our body. The staple food is rich source of carbohydrates and an important source of storing energy inside the body for its proper growth. Rice is also low on fat, salt and cholesterol and thus it helps in keeping the heart healthy.
There are different assortments of rice apart from Basmati which alongside taste likewise gives great nutritional benefits. Below discussed are nutritional benefits present in different varieties of rice
- Polished White rice is easy to digest and thus is consumed by children and old age peoples. This rice is consumed because of the high sugar content in it, which gives plentiful vitality. It additionally helps in easing stomach related disarranges, for example, diarrhea, colitis and dysentery. White rice is also low in fiber and in this manner is effortlessly processed by our system.
- Basmati Rice as discussed above has 20% more fiber than any other varieties of rice. The rice likewise has low Glycemic Index and is suited best for patients who have diabetes. This rice additionally helps in giving you adjusted vitality levels.
- Brown rice is an assortment of rice that is consumed because of its untouchable advantages. This rice is high in solvent fiber and less in calories. The rice has good oil quantity in it and builds great cholesterol and brings down circulatory strain and awful cholesterol. It also has low glycemic index when contrasted with different grains.
- Red rice although doesn’t have appealing taste compared all other varieties of rice, but is consumed to stay fit and active. This rice is rich in iron and vitamin B6. Vitamin B6 helps in balancing the formation of serotonin and red blood cells. This rice helps in controlling blood sugar level and in the production of DNA.
- Black rice is a rich variety which is a good source of iron and Vitamin E and is predominant in South East Asian Cultures. Black rice has one of the most elevated amounts of anthocyanin cancer prevention agents. It is useful for individuals who are going through diabetes and Alzheimer’s.