With the passage of time, the toilet parts including seats, covers, flash and some other things become damage due to which person face problems like doing Plumbing Therapy in toilets. In this post we will discuss changing seats as in the market there are many new and modern models and therefore, we are going to teach you how to change the toilet seat in an easy and simple way.
The toilet seats are of plastic or earthenware, run the risk of breaking. For example, if we misuse them, such as hitting them or making them bear an excessive weight, they may break or crush. To change them, you just have to take certain precautions and it can be done without too much difficulty.
In addition, the most important thing is to choose the model that best suits the shape and dimensions of the toilet. Before starting to change the seat, Place the old seat on a sheet of paper, and trace the outline, including the connectors, as well as the distance between them.
Also Read: Easy And Best Ways To Purify Water Naturally
Take and write down the 3 measures explained below:
- Measure the distance between the axes of the two perforations where the seat fixings are inserted.
- Measure the distance of the axes of the perforations where the seat is inserted, to the front of the cup.
- Measure the width of the cup, at its most extended point.
Consider that there are two types of seats: oval and round. Be sure to choose the right one.
The way toilet seats are subject to varies much more: some manufacturers use plastic screws, others attach the screws attached to the seat and others mix plastic parts with metal screws. However, almost all work in the same way. Follow the below process:
Open plastic caps or guards, if equipped, with a screwdriver. Attach the seat nut, which is under the edge of the bowl, with an adjustable wrench. Turn the upper screw with a screwdriver counterclockwise. If the key does not have the handle protected with rubber, wrap it in a towel to avoid accidentally hitting the cup.
- If the seat does not come off easily, it could be because the metal connectors rusted over time. Lubricate the nuts with WD40 or other penetration lubricants. Leave on for a few minutes and try again. If none of the methods work, cut the nut with a metal saw.
- Insert a piece of cardboard to protect the porcelain.
- Cut carefully, controlling the pressure on the blade so as not to scratch the porcelain. Cut completely through the bolt and remove the two halves.
- Remove the old seat. Clean the area with a brush.
- Now after that install the new seat
- Put the centering devices in the holes of your toilet. Insert the long bushing into the bolt pin.
- If the holes in the toilet are 15.5 cm, use the short bushing plus the long bushing. Pass the bolt with the bushings fitted to join the ears of the cover with the ears of the seat. Screw the thread to the bottom of both connectors. Lift the whole assembly and put it in the holes of the toilet through the plastic cent adores that are already in place. Insert the rump underneath and press the butterfly with your hand to fix. Squeeze a little more with the strength of your hand, after a few days, re-tighten it.
- After that, present the new seat in the cup. Put the new nuts in the holes. Align the seat and put the nuts on the edge of the toilet. Tighten the nuts only with your hand.
- If you have a plastic bolt, tighten it with a screwdriver while holding the nut with an adjustable wrench. Do not over tighten. Close the plastic protectors. Allow a few days and squeeze again.
You May Also Like:-
The 5 Best Pillows To Buy In 2018