Hatha Yoga Poses for Weight Loss
The ancient science of Hatha Yoga represents infinite traits and characteristics, all diverted towards restoring the balance mechanism defined by the presence of the primal energy sources in the mind, body, and spirit. The age-old science has been eminent as a truly reformative art form, more than capable of giving birth to great transformational experiences in the body and the spirit. The yoga of balance has been a primary source of inspiration and the birth-giver to several semi-contemporaries to ultra-contemporary yoga styles prevalent today.
Of the majority of people suffering from or have suffered from weight gain issue and obesity swears by this incredible yoga style for helping them build a more disciplined lifestyle and the weapon behind getting rid of fatal fat deposits from the body.
How does Hatha Yoga help in fat loss?
- Regular practice of Hatha Yoga helps in complete detoxification of the body by helping the body getting rid of toxic waste and regulating blood in various parts of the body. The fact that Hatha Yoga helps in strengthening the functions of liver further aids in the improvisation of the entire digestive system thereby eliminating harmful fatty acids from the body and utilizing the healthy fats for the betterment of the body.
- Hatha Yoga is highly beneficial in balancing the body’s doshas – the Vata, Pitta, and Kapha. This helps in keeping the hormonal balance in check and promoting healthy metabolism along with maintaining the right PH level in the body.
- Hatha style of yoga is a great stress reliever too as it maintains a strong balance between the Parasympathetic and Sympathetic Nervous System in the body. Stress is a major factor behind weight gain and can be efficiently managed through regular practice of Hatha Yoga.
- During the practice of Hatha Yoga, the body’s nervous system becomes more alert as the nerves get considerably stretched and activated while performing the Hatha Yoga poses, causing the body to generate more heat in the body. This heat helps in effective dissolution of even the hardest fat deposits in the body.
- One of the most amazing benefits of performing Hatha Yoga poses is the increased heart rate within less amount of time, leading the body to burn more fat sooner.
- A highly invigorating contraction and compression in the muscles while performing Hatha yoga asanas help in burning of excess fat from the body by converting these into energy. It also works towards providing relief from water retention.
Try these 8 amazing hatha yoga postures to get rid of body fat while promoting healing from within:
Veerbhadrasana II (Warrior Pose)
Stand on the yoga mat with both legs spread away from each other. Turn the left foot outwards towards the left while bending at the knee. Stretch your right leg back as wide as possible until you feel a good stretch in your thighs, hips, and abdomen. Turn the right foot outwards towards the right. Raise both your arms in the air such that the arms are parallel to the floor. Turn your gaze towards the right. Hold the pose for 30-60 seconds before repeating with the other leg.
This Hatha Yogasana can be performed up to 25 times depending on your comfort.
Utkatasana (Chair Pose)
This is an excellent Hatha Yoga pose for eliminating fat from the thighs, hips, abdomen, chest, and back. Stand straight on the floor with both legs aligned with each other at the ankle. Upon inhalation, lift your arms above the head. Bend your knees as if you are sitting in a chair. Hold still for 25-30 seconds while breathing at a comfortable pace. Perform repetitions of 15-20.
Naukasana (Boat Pose)
An excellent Hatha Pose to lose fat in the neck, back, thighs, and abdomen. In order to perform Naukasana, lie flat on your back. While inhaling, gently lift your upper body and lower body at the waist while lifting your arms until they are parallel to the ground. Lift as high as you possibly can, giving an impression of V-shape. Hold the pose for 15-30 seconds before coming back to initial position.
Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose)
This ‘ace of all’ Hatha Yoga poses for core strengthening, posture correction, losing fat from the back and the abdomen can be performed while lying on the stomach in supine position. While seeking the support of your palms resting underneath the shoulder, lift your upper body as high as possible. Gaze upwards at the ceiling. Maintain a hold time of 30-60 seconds before coming back to the resting position.
Baddha Konasana (Butterfly Pose)
This is a wonderful Hatha Yoga asana for stimulating fat deposits in the inner thighs and lower abdomen. To perform this yoga pose, sit on the yoga mat with legs crossed. Bring both your ankles facing each other and hold them between your palms. Keep your back erect and firm. Now, slowly start to flap the thighs in upward and downward motion like the wings of a butterfly. Repeat the pose for 30-35 times.
Ustrasana (Camel Pose)
This is an excellent Hatha Yoga Pose for working the thighs, hamstrings, abdomen, chest, back, and upper arms. To get into this pose, stand on your knees while maintaining a comfortable distance between the feet, toes of the feet pointed downwards. Take each hand back to grab each ankle respectively. Now, let the upper body fall into a nice long curve with your head dropped back along the posture of the neck. Stay in this pose for 30-60 seconds before repeating the asana up to 15 times.
Utthita Parsvakonasana (Extended Side Angle Pose)
This is an extremely beneficial and essential Hatha Pose for heating the oblique muscles and the abdominal muscles. Stand on the yoga mat with your legs spread apart. Turn the right foot outwards and bend the right knee to form a 90-degree angle to the ground. Spread the left leg back and turn the left foot outwards. Now raise the left arm to bend entirely the upper body towards the right. Make use of the left arm to support your body. Look up towards the pointed left arm. Stay in this pose for 30 seconds before switching with the other leg. This asana can be performed 15-30 times.
Uttanasana (Standing Forward Fold)
This is a wonderful yoga pose for losing fat from the hips, hamstrings, abdomen, and calves. To perform this pose, stand on the yoga mat with feet aligned next to each other. With a stretch, raise both your arms upwards. Now slowly bend forward at the waist to touch the ankle. If your body permits, grab the ankle with the respective hand. Hold the pose for a duration of 20-30 seconds. Repeat this for 15-25 times as per the capacity.
Way to Weight loss can be quite cumbersome for many. However, all it takes is the first step. And, rest of the journey would follow.