Thanks to rich culture our country has; we have number of cuisines under us. Each and every state has a different kind of food and the taste of it is absolutely unique. Now over the years, these famous food items have crossed the boundaries of their states and cities and spread all across.
You can get some of the best South Indian food even in North India and vice versa. But the happiness to having the famous dishes in the city of its origin is of no account. In today’s post, we are going to be focussing on the Gujarati cuisine and the food items that make Ahmedabad a very popular city.
So, if you are planning on to visit the city, then you have to try them out. So you better start to plan for the best resorts near Ahmedabad to have a comfortable trip.
- Khaman dhokla– This is probably the one dish that even all the non Gujarati’s have already tasted and are in love with. The snack is made by the process of steaming and is very healthy to have because it involves no oil. It is often served with spicy green chutney.
- Thepla– This is yet another dish that is one of their regulars and their favourites too. This can be had as a snack or in a wholesome meal. The primary ingredients would be gram and whole wheat flour. It is often served with pickles or curd.
- Undhiyu– For people who do not understand or cannot pronounce the dish, for them the dish could simply be mixed vegetables. And calling it a mixed vegetable dish wouldn’t be totally wrong because it contains potatoes, peas, yams, beans, bananas etc. This is a very common dish in the Gujarati cuisine and its taste is very different that the other kinds of mixed vegetable dishes that you’ve ever had.
- Lilva kachori– The people who have tasted lilva kachori would understand that now is the perfect season for this dish (and monsoon of course). The dish is basically like a dumpling with stuffings that one could use of their own choice that is then deep fried. This happens to be one of the most loved tea time snacks. It is often served with a tangy chutney or sauce.
- Guajarti kadhi- Now we all have had kadhi. The best thing about kadhi is that you could have a number of variations to it. The Gujarati kadhi happens to be one of my personal favourites. This is one of the best dishes to have during the summers. Curd is their primary ingredient which helps keep your stomach cool in the summers. No Gujarati meal is ever complete without kadhi.
So, these were some of the most famous and most loved food items from the state of Gujarat. Gujarat tourism has everybody mesmerised and I guess it’s finally time to visit the greatest city Gujarat has to offer- Ahmedabad. Give a chance to Gujarat tourism hotels and enjoy your trip!